Top ten reasons why I don’t like identifying myself as evangelical
10. I’m Canadian. Evangelicalism is American.
9. I generally don’t vote for politically conservative parties.
8. People don’t like evangelicals and I want to be liked.
7. Evangelicals are sometimes associated with fundamentalists who are sometimes associated with terrorists.
6. Some prominent people I dislike and disagree with identify themselves as evangelical.
5. Evangelical, evolutionist, evil, evisceration, evaporation… it’s a slippery slope.
4. I don’t like any labels.
3. Evangelicals do evangelism which means knocking on doors and bothering people.
2. Evangelicals have all the right answers and I don’t.
1. I don’t really know what “evangelical” means.